That was the most informative thing I have ever been told by a duck
And I have been told a lot of things by ducks.
Knock out your fiber needs with cholesterol-lowering oatmeal! Just one serving of oatmeal (1/2 cup dry) has 2 grams of soluble fiber. According to the Mayo Clinic, 10 grams or more of soluble fiber daily decreases your total and LDL (bad) cholesterol. We’ve got tasty ways to get your day started right by enjoying high-fiber oatmeal. For each bowl, start with 1/2 cup of instant or dry oatmeal. Cook according to package directions, then add our delicious themed toppings.
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
You’ll definitely love the pumpkin flavor in this sweet bowl of oatmeal.
* 2 tablespoons fat-free vanilla yogurt
* 1 tablespoon pumpkin butter
* 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Nutrition: 137 cal., 2 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 44 mg sodium, 27 g carb., 2 g fiber, 4 g pro.
- Cheesy Hash Brown Oatmeal
This recipe is a staff favorite! The oats blend right in with the hash browns for a south-of-the-border taste.
* 1/4 cup cooked hash brown potatoes
* 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1 tablespoon salsa
Nutrition: 244 cal., 11 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 13 mg chol., 310 mg sodium, 29 g carb., 3 g fiber, 8 g pro.
- Tropical Coconut Oatmeal
Get whisked away to the tropics with a bet-you-never-tried-it combo of flavors in this oatmeal.
* 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts, chopped
* 2 tablespoons toasted, shredded coconut
* 2 tablespoons dried pineapple
Nutrition: 262 cal., 13 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 54 mg sodium, 34 g carb., 4 g fiber, 5 g pro.
- Hot Cocoa Oatmeal
Think hot cocoa mix only goes a mug? We’ve re-envisioned it as an oatmeal topper.
* 1 tablespoon instant hot cocoa mix
* 2 tablespoons mini marshmallows
Nutrition: 221 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 156 mg sodium, 44 g carb., 3 g fiber, 5 g pro.
- Bacon & Salsa Oatmeal
This oatmeal recipe proves that you can still enjoy bacon on a heart-healthy diet if you eat it in moderation.
* 1 strip chopped, cooked bacon
* 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
* 2 tablespoons diced tomato
* 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
Nutrition: 172 cal., 8 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 17 mg chol., 295 mg sodium, 16 g carb., 2 g fiber, 10 g pro.
- Blueberry Nut Oatmeal
No pancakes here! Transition traditional flapjacktoppers into oatmeal flavor-boosters.
* 1/4 cup blueberries
* 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
* 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Nutrition: 204 cal., 7 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 7 mg sodium, 34 g carb., 3 g fiber, 4 g pro.
- Apple Crisp Oatmeal
Crisp apples, granola, and almonds put bite in your oatmeal bowl.
* 1/2 cup chopped apple
* 2 tablespoons low-fat granola
* 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
* 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
Nutrition: 200 cal., 6 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 40 mg sodium, 34 g carb., 5 g fiber, 6 g pro.
- Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal
A dab of peanut butter and a sprinkle of chocolate chips are all you need to jazz up your oatmeal.
* 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
* 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
Nutrition: 257 cal., 14 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 78 mg sodium, 27 g carb., 3 g fiber, 8 g pro.
- Turtle Sundae Oatmeal
Pure indulgence, this sweet treat hardly seems like another boring oatmeal breakfast.
* 1/4 cup fat-free whipped dessert topping
* 2 tablespoons pecans
* 1 tablespoon sugar-free caramel dessert topping
Nutrition: 252 cal., 12 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 45 mg sodium, 34 g carb., 3 g fiber, 4 g pro.
- Trail Mix Oatmeal
Bring trail mix to your breakfast table by tossing the grab-and-go bits on your oatmeal.
* 2 tablespoons mix dried fruit bits
* 2 tablespoons dry-roasted mixed nuts
* 1 tablespoon flaxseed
Nutrition: 276 cal., 14 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 18 mg sodium, 33 g carb., 6 g fiber, 8 g pro. Can’t get enough oats? Read on for even morerecipes that use this heart-smart whole grain.
I had plenty of excuses but I chose not to use any of them…
And binge on three pounds of sweet potatoes, cheese, and peanut butter instead!
But baby steps I guess.
Page 1 of 43